Monday 13 August 2012

Humility


Today, I read the wisdom of Saint Therese of Lisieux.
"There is no need for me to grow up. In fact, just the opposite: I must become less and less." - Saint Therese of Lisieux
I was also reminded of Saint John the Baptist as he preached that Christ must increase while he must go down. Perhaps God was reminding me of the importance of humility. I did not know whether to smile or cry. I do not mind being nagged for my mistakes, and having my voice being ignored, as the elders always have the final say and can say anything they want. But I cannot tolerant the irreverence I always witnessed in the Church, where our Abba Father's house resides all the time.

Again, I read Saint Peter's quote:
"Do what the elders tell you, and all wrap yourselves in humility to be servants of each other, because God refuses the proud and will always favour the humble. Bow down, then, before the power of God now, and He will raise you up on the appointed day; unload all your worries on to Him, since He is looking after you."(1 Peter 5: 5-7)
Fine, I do not need to waste time on senseless matters that take forever to solve. It is best to focus on the consolations of the Lord who always desire to come to us despite our unworthiness to receive Him. Saint Augustine was right. It is totally pointless to explain to those who do not understand, and it is not necessary to explain to those who truly understand.

I am glad to have timely consolations from the aforementioned saints through the graces of God. Praise Him for His Divine Providence.

No comments: